Snow, wind, and ice are just around the corner. While the weather is still pleasant, you will want to safely purchase most items on your winter food stock-up list. Stocking up for a winter storm doesn’t have to be a haphazard, last-minute panic.
Additionally, getting a head start is a wise move if you reside in a region that experiences substantial snowfall most winters. You can become stranded for days due to a lot of snowfall or blizzard conditions. A protracted power outage would give you only a few hours to safely consume the fridge’s remaining contents, making getting cut off from your neighborhood Indian grocery store worse.
We suggest stocking up on non-perishable food for at least three days. Some professionals go even further. People who live in high-risk locations should prepare enough food to sustain their families for two times as long as they anticipate any outages will last. Here is a list of enduring, simple-to-prepare foods that can get you through a blizzard or winter storm and some items to stay away from. Make preparations to avoid being caught without supplies when the grocery store shelves are empty.
Basics for preparing for winters
You won’t go hungry, though, while you wait for the snow to be cleared if you stock your cupboard with nourishing, shelf-stable items. The following are some of the best necessities to buy well in advance of an approaching storm:
- Bottled water: You’ll need it for drinking, cooking, and cleaning up. We advise one gallon for humans and pets per day. Don’t understock water: Your energy is sapped by dehydration, which can even be fatal.
- Applesauce and other low-sugar fruit cups are ready-to-eat, single-serving foods.
- Protein and granola bars: They deliver energy-boosting carbs, are simple to store, and last for months.
- Baking and pancake mixes: Keep baking and pancake mixes on hand during the winter. If you have a grill or gas burner, you can still cook even if the electricity goes out. Stock up on biscuits and pancake “just add water” mixes.
- Rice, oats, and other grains: These foods are simple to prepare and can be combined with other foods to make a complete meal.
- Nuts, butter like peanuts, and others provide energy by providing protein and good fats.
- Canned beans are a fantastic source of fiber and protein. You can cook them anytime and store them for the winter.
- Honey: Honey has a long shelf life. You can use it to sweeten any of your dishes.
- Sports drinks help you stay hydrated and replenish lost carbs and electrolytes. Be mindful of additional sugars.
- Use whole-grain tortillas and crackers for mini-sandwiches, wraps, and snacks. Carbohydrates from whole grains provide energy, while fiber makes you feel full.
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken, and turkey: These foods are high in protein and you can store them in your cupboard for two to three years. Another excellent option is vacuum-sealed pouches. However, these have a limited shelf life.
- Vegetables in the low-sodium canned form are inexpensive, shelf-stable, and high in vitamins.
- Dried apricots and raisins: These naturally sweet, nutritious snacks contain fiber and antioxidants that are beneficial for your health.
- Pet owners should have extra dry and canned food on hand.
- Oils that can withstand high heat, such as peanut, avocado, and sesame oil: With the correct pans and grilling baskets, you can do a lot with a gas grill alone.
Last-Minute Food List for Snow Storm
You can survive on those pantry essentials alone for a few days, but if you have time to visit the Indian grocery store before the significant storm arrives, it’s helpful to have these items on hand:
- Fresh bread;
- Fresh fruit and veggies;
- Fresh eggs
- Supplies for making cookies or other baked goods to make the house cozy.
Why Swagat Indian Grocery Store?
- Our store is famous for conveying new vegetables and organic products we regularly find in our Indian families.
- One of the primary reasons people pick us is that we convey a broad scope of items that we need in our Indian families. Around the store, you will discover kitchen fundamentals like Atta, flavors, snacks, sauces, rice, dal, chutneys, and other things that we, for the most part, need in our homes.
- Another reason that makes Swagat Indian Grocery store so famous is our reasonable costs. Indeed, this is one of a handful of stores where purchasers can do grocery shopping online with a thorough scope of items at the most conservative prices.
- Delivering quality and marked items to clients is another reason individuals like to purchase from us.
- We offer great customer service to help you get exactly what you need
You can do grocery shopping online with a wide range of products from us at the most affordable prices. We leave no stone unturned to provide a high level of customer satisfaction, whether delivering products on time or assisting customers in finding specific products. That’s why we are a leading Indian grocery store that carries all the essentials for Indian cooking and offers high-quality products at competitive prices. We also deliver to your doorstep. Call us today to place an order or visit us to check out more products.